No job, losing my house, what else can go wrong?
Feel estranged from a child of mine, feel that I'm failing all those who are/were close to me.
So I read Psalm 27, and cry, because I have the mixed emotions that it does and doesn't apply to me.
Have I been seeking Him, asking to dwell in His house – anytime at all, much less all the days of my life?
Do I feel that He will keep me safe in His place? Does my heart tell me to seek His face?
And yet I resonate with the cry to ask Him to not hide His face from me, to not reject or forsake me.
So now I pray, "Teach me Your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path..."
But while I believe, I need His help with my unbelief, so that I can be confident that I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living; Now, not in some nebulous future time and place.
Labels: comfort, contemplation, encouragement


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home