Where to turn when feeling overwhelmed by life's most recent vicissitudes? Job, of course. He suffered extreme change, from top of the world to dregs of existence. His initial reaction to losing wealth and family is amazing:
Sunday, January 25, 2009
"...he fell to the ground and worshipped. He said, 'Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed by the name of the Lord. Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God."
Interesting that God was confident of Job's devotion because of Job's faithfulness in prosperity. Satan took it away, thereby allowing Job (and Satan and the universe) to see that God's assessment was correct. The adversity didn't change Job's heart, but did reveal it most dramatically.
So, do I accept the lesson, and remain faithful in adversity? or take Job's wife's suggestion...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home